Well, not really. I’m always busy – for an unemployed chick. Since the last post (16 days ago) I:
- Submitted 37 resumes, not including what will go out yet today.
- Read a book on my Nook: Caribbean Moon by Rick Murcer (very good, by the way)
- Took about 200 pictures, some wound up on Facebook, some were deleted and some need to go on Flickr.
- Went to the state fair with Sugar and we hooked up with his BIL while we were there, it was the first time I met him and I really enjoyed his company.
- Made a lot of good food.
- Made a couple of not so great things. Can’t win them all.
- Started knitting a scarf with this yarn. Sugar offered input into the design and I think it’s going to be pretty cool.
- Took an afternoon by myself (who else is here then? Ha!) to go see the movie The Help. I loved the book and I loved the movie.
- Worked on a number of swaps from Swap-bot.
- Mowed the lawn 4 times and will do it again today.
- Made wine glass charm thing-ys for part of a swap package.
- Watched Tremors II with Sugar in the Man Cave.
- Teased Stella endlessly because it’s just so darn much fun to do. In the photo below she is glomming onto Sugar’s shoes. We aren’t sure why she does that, we’ve learned to just let her do it. Sugar does have to remember to check inside his shoes for surprises though, like toys.
- Went on an interview, didn’t get the job and found that out 2 ½ weeks later only by looking at the online application status at the site. One would think (ok, *I* would think) that if you are one of the lucky to be interviewed, the least they can do is call to let you know you didn’t get the job or send a letter. But that’s not what happened and I’m not happy about it but I’m going to move forward cuz I’m not into negative feelings.
- Watched Sugar work his magic fixing the bathroom since last Saturday, 9/3. There’s water damage and mold that has to be addressed, so putting in a tub surround is the answer for now – but we’ll do something much, much nicer in the future (like 5 years down the road). He has quite a bit more to go in there (no pun intended… maybe) but we should have a real shower again by next weekend sometime (he has shower liners up so we can taken one but it’s not the same, you know). This is from the first day, all of the deconstruction is complete. Now it’s on to the make-it-look-normal again phase.
- Mailed out a handful of swaps.
- Started a Mystery Photo of The Week Contest on Facebook. Here’s one example, it was the underside of a ginormous mushroom that I took a picture of last summer by the studio. The top of this thing is dinner-plate size. Creepy
- Canned (why isn’t called ‘jarred’ says Sugar) 22 jars of my famous salsa.
I’m sure I’ve left out a few things but one thing stands out from the other day. I decided I would relax on the back patio and do some knitting. I was going to bring my laptop to listen to Spoitfy but Sugar suggested he hook up his iPod to my boombox because it would sound better. It did. He just kept on with the sweetness like carrying my lounge chair back there and getting everything set up to be all cozy-like. Then we had this convo.
Me: “You’re spoiling me.”
Sugar, with his hands on my face: “I could never spoil you enough.”
Then he kissed me.