tToday is the day I make changes.
This is my life and it’s how I’m going to spend my time while I’m still in it. Hopefully, that’s another 30 years at least, but who knows? Could be 25 or 20 years. Might as well enjoy it the way I want to, right?
- Spend more time with KDO talking, walking and enjoying our new area that we moved to 5 months ago.
- Be more open to changing up my life’s habits – remaining stagnant is not an option.
- No one HAS to be on Facebook, no one HAS to be on Twitter, no one HAS to be on any social media to enjoy their lives. Instead, I’m going to do what I enjoy even if it means emotionally painful adjustments separating from what isn’t creating enjoyment for me anymore.
- Devote more time writing in my long ignored blog, and far less time becoming anxious and annoyed with Facebook and feeling as though I’m wasting my time there.
- I become so stressed just going on Facebook (and have for a few months) that I just don’t see it as a positive experience for me for much longer.
- I’ve already begun unfollowing a number of people so I don’t see their news feeds but what’s the point of that? If I’m not reading your news feed then clearly, I should simply unfriend you. It’s time to cull the list and the time is now.
- Some friends I’ll remove not because of the recent elections but because of other reasons that are not negative. I’m simply trying to reduce the stress level that has built up.
- I’m planning to reduce my ‘friends’ list by at least half initially. Then within a couple of months I may even deactivate my account. We will see how it all pans out.
- 1st up will be removing ‘friends’ on Facebook who weren’t just expressing their opinions about the recent election on there but rather were cruel, racist, immature, ignorant (that is, accepting every news item they saw as gospel while not performing their research and just posting them not realizing they were posting untrue things), and in my face on my own postings.
- It’s one thing to use your own page to express your beliefs and opinions, it’s quite another to write it on my page as comments that were offensive or came off as yelling to get a point across. If we’re to have discussions then they ought not to include yelling.
- I’m still reachable via the email on this blog.
- And I miss writing – oh, how I miss it! So I’ll be doing a lot more of that and it feels so good just knowing I’m back.
- Continue to learn how to design knitting patterns. I’m so excited about this and I’ll be publishing (with help) my first pattern on Ravelry before the end of the year.
- Expand my knowledge on knitting techniques. This I’ve begun with the purchase of some amazing books by very talented people. I’ll do a blog post on that at a later date.
- And I need to get back to my photography and get out and take more photos! I’ve been a slacker and not spending as much time outside with nature – I miss finding and photographing beauty everywhere I go.
There’s a lot more I’m going to do moving forward but this is a good start.
Enjoy your day,